Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hello Fall!

It's finally cooling off some here in Louisiana, and we have been enjoying the change of weather.  With the change of seasons, the garden is nearing its end, and in honor of Thumper's eggplant obsession, I have this post and one later one to dedicate to his love of the eggplant (or purple chewy ball as I'm sure he sees it).

One day while it was still HOT, I called the dogs in from outside for the evening.  Strangely, Thumper was the first one in.  He ran straight into his crate and plopped down.  I didn't think much of it at first, but then I realized he was chewing on something.  Closer inspection revealed a small eggplant.  He had raided the garden again.  What am I going to do with him?  That poor eggplant bush has tried to produce food all summer, and he keeps taking the fruit of its efforts and playing with it.  So, until next summer gives us more eggplants to laugh about it, here is the next to last eggplant story of the summer, in Thumper's own words....



Eggplant...what eggplant...I don't see an eggplant...I'm just hanging out in the crate being a good dog... 


Maybe it's over there...hurry, go check and see if Lightning has it!

Cool chew toy....I love my purple chewy ball!

1 comment: