Thursday, January 24, 2013

WHAT?!?

My dogs are so lucky.  They have a fancy water dispenser that stores 3 gallons of water, has a filter, and provides a near endless supply of fresh drinking water.  Seriously, with that filter, their drinking water is more purified than ours, which just comes from the tap.  So, imagine my surprise (and disgust!) when I saw this:

My thought:  WTH is he DOING?!?  You've got to be kidding me.


This picture is Lightning, drinking water out a dirty flower pot.  (I took it looking through a window with my phone so that's why it's hazy.)  The flower pot is actually an old fish bowl, still containing dirt and a mostly dead plant.  It looks like swamp water...icky, brownish, and stinky.  I had completely forgotten it was there.  The bowl catches rainwater and apparently makes a really tasty libation out of it.  It would have been much easier to just bring the pot inside than set up that fancy water dispenser!

Just one of the many things that remind that dogs, at heart, are gross.  Now I have one more suspect for the cause of Lightning's bad breath.  He's the grossest.  So why do I love him so? 





7 comments:

  1. Our dogs do the same thing. The smellier something is, the more they like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry often does the same thing. It's just like when I go out of my way to make sure she has quality food and treats and then she'll see an old hamburger on the ground and act like it's a restaurant fresh sirloin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia is exactly the same. She rarely drinks from her water bowl which is fresh tap water and always heads for one of our water pots which contains a mixture of rain and yucky muddy water with decaying leaves. I've come to the conclusion it's the chemicals in tap water that she doesn't like. My girl is a rainwater connoiseur :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri....
    Yeah, "bad dogs" are always the most lovable, huh? Crack. Me. Up!!
    Love, Raelyn.... Plus Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ya, I know! High quality, holistic kibble twice a day but, hey - look it's poop, it's a dead and decaying something. sigh We love them to bits anyway!

    ReplyDelete